hehe, a good news day! Well, for a start E has virtual desktops – so it is my wm of choice now 😉 Second, I updated my application icons tarball (in files to add the icons I am now using. Lastly I have started libe.so to allow folk to control E17 remotely from any app they write – cool eh? I love the call: e_module_enabled_set(const char *module, int enable) and raster said (yay): HandyAndE:: i was going to say. good work. u did it right 🙂 w00h00!
OK, so it is a bit late, but eapp editor (in ewl) is now in CVS – check e17/apps/e_utils. This tree was created for utility applications for e17 that do not belong in the main tree, so hopefully many other things will get added too! check out it, install it then you will find the editor named e_util_eapp_edit 🙂
OK, so the eapps are really taking over! it is time for a nice way to edit them, so I started on the graphical editor.
Need to hook in all the save methods before it goes into CVS, and then is the joy of handling changing the icon…
OK, so after a stike of clarity regarding the nasty Java code resulting from the port from PHP i jotted down a nice new system for generating the page view/edit/etc struture.
The coding for this now finished the small number of extra classes (~10 lines each) has meant I can strip out over 200 lines of code just by using java properly.
Also made it easier to add new features, so 5 minutes later and I no longer have to edit the data files to fix username/date issues in new blog entries 🙂
Well, it was just incredible – go see it. Now. Seriously! Best animated
feature I have seen in a long time – beats even Finding Nemo. If you go
see it can someone please explain what the crazy short animation at the
start is about?
Raster finally agreed with me on some issues regarding icon placement and referencing 🙂 Clearly embelished and tidied there is now a new format for application icons .eapp – this contains the icon (can be animated) along with meta data such as name, exe and window class.
If anyone cannot be bothered creating their own and want more than those in CVS you can use mine from applications.tar.gz on the files page.
With these changes we get border icons – pretty cool, and no empty space there any more 🙂
OK, so it was not the ideal circumstance, but a bug I discovered last night whilst posting make me look at my content management system again (Rectang XSM) this is now nearly all ported from the php origins and starting to look good.
However the nasty function for generating the main page view/edit screens is still looking like php, so I finally got round to redesigning the system. I now have a really nice OO way of defining document types which makes so much more sense, once this is implemented it may be a good time to open up the sources 🙂